How to clean objects after overflow of sewage
Sewage overflow can damage entire properties. This can happen due to flooding or clogged sewers and if the damage is extensive we should contact a blocking company such as –Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου–.
Follow the steps below recommended by –Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου-:
- Dispose of consumer goods (food, beverages, spices, etc.) and porous materials (carpets, curtains, upholstery, mattresses, clothing, teddy bears, books and other paper products) that came into direct contact with the wastewater.
- Cover furniture and carpets that have been slightly affected by dirty sewage.
- Wash all affected items (including furniture and appliances) with antibacterial cleaning products, rinse well and take them out to dry in the sun.
- Inspect commercial objects that have been contaminated with high emotional or monetary value. Experts have advanced equipment, specialized cleaning products and extensive experience in dealing with contaminated content so that they can disinfect and restore any contaminated items.
- Add a cup of chlorine bleach to the water when washing clothes that came in little contact with contaminated water.
- Move all objects out of the affected area.
Electrical and hydraulic systems, as well as any devices located in the infected area, must be professionally inspected and repaired if necessary. These steps will ensure that your home is properly cleaned and that safe living is restored.
When to call for professional help
A professional blocking company such as -Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου- is always the best solution, especially when it comes to:
- The leak is caused by a sewer or septic tank
- Sewage water is likely to come into contact with your home’s air conditioning system (in which case professional pipe cleaning will be needed to ensure the good air quality in your home).
- The overflow occurred more than 24 hours ago (or has been sitting for an unknown number of hours). Bacteria and viruses will have already spread to this point, posing serious threats to your health and making it very dangerous to deal with sewage.
- Leakage is not limited to a single room in your home.
Keep in mind that the more contaminated water is in your home, the greater the risk of disease and damage to your property.
Sewage leaks and Health hazards
As mentioned above, sewage leaks contain contaminants that can cause serious illness, so you need to deal with the problem before the bacteria and viruses are scattered throughout your property and its safety is at stake.
Sewage treatment, however, requires the handling of contaminated waste, which makes it dangerous to your health. Wearing personal protective equipment is essential, but it may be not enough to ensure your safety.
Especially if the sewage has affected large areas of your home (and cannot be treated quickly enough) or it is difficult to clean areas or equipment, (and it cannot be treated adequately) or it has remained for many hours (and harmful bacteria have already spread).
Damage to property
A sewage leak can cause serious water damage to your property and result in mold growth. You will not only need to repair or replace building materials that have been damaged by water (floors, boards, drywall, insulation, etc.) and household items (furniture, appliances, etc.). Mold can further damage your property and create more problems for your family’s health.
Using professional wastewater treatment services will help you avoid all of the above risks and restore your property in the event of an accident as soon as possible.
The experts will respond to your situation quickly and efficiently. Sewage treatment companies have specialized cleaning products, advanced equipment and know-how.
In these cases, you need professional help! Call an obstruction company– Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου– to advise you on how to move. Experts will clean drains and overcrowded areas and disinfect items and everything else you need.
Sewage leakage and disinfection
In any case, no matter how big or small the damage from the sewage leak to be 100% sure of the cleanliness of your space, make proper disinfection.
Because most sewage treatment specialists offer not only water mining but also quality repair work, odor removal and content cleaning, they can clean, disinfect and restore the hygiene of your home.
Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου is your best move in case of large sewage discharge in your home.
But these outside technicians also need it
- DESIGN TECHNICIANS
If the leak is caused by a supported septic tank, you will need a septic tank specialist (the same company that regularly empties the tank or a plumber who provides emergency drain cleaning services) to secure the tank and prevent future sewage from returning. your home.
The septic tank may need to be pumped and cleaned or may need new piping or even complete replacement.
- PLUMBING TECHNICIANS
If the leak is caused by a clogged drain, you will need a special drain cleaner to fix the problem. A plumber is the right technician for this job.
If you are connected to a city sewer system, you should call the sewer department, as the backup in your home may be part of a problem throughout the city. If this happens, the city will handle it accordingly.
Either way, the quick and effective intervention of experienced professionals will save you a lot of time and effort and will provide you with the most appropriate, safest and most cost-effective solution to the problem.
A blocking company will quickly bring your home back to normal, preventing further problems and helping you get your daily life back to normal as soon as possible. And you may not even have to pay for their services – many times, insurance covers the cost of getting professional help in the event of sewer repairs and sewage treatment.
Read more about the overflow of sewage:
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΤΤΙΚΗ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΑΡΓΥΡΟΥΠΟΛΗ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΒΥΡΩΝΑΣ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΓΑΛΑΤΣΙ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΑΣ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΠΕΝΤΕΛΗ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΠΕΡΙΣΤΕΡΙ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΠΕΤΡΑΛΩΝΑ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΚΑΛΛΙΘΕΑ
- ΑΠΟΦΡΑΞΕΙΣ ΚΑΛΛΙΤΕΧΝΟΥΠΟΛΗ